Monday, March 4, 2013

The Playful Philospher

{to the top we go}

{cool lights}

  



                                            Gap skinny jeans, Bellerose tank, Target hair clip

                                          Air Jordan 1Phat GS Wolf Grey Ultraviolet and New Green

A few days ago I told Mommy that she was the moon and that Daddy was the sun and that we could all be the stars. She looked at me with big eyes and exclaimed, "you're such a beautiful little philosopher!" I might be a smart 2 year old but I did not know who this Phil guy was that she called me. She said that philosophers investigate truths in life and use beautiful words to explain their thinking. To be honest, I was totally tuning her out for the introduction song to Sponge Bob Squarepants...until, I heard her quote this man whose name sounded like Play-Doh! He once said that "you can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." Now that is a smart cookie! I think I like this philosophy stuff. Maybe I can be the Dora the Explorer in the land of words and cool ways to think. Mommy decided to take me to this really fun indoor playground after we dropped my Dad off at basketball practice and I started thinking about what Play-Doh said. I saw that people play differently and some not at all! Some kids are happy and helpful while others are bossy and rough, but we all were involved. We all played. The grown-ups were a different story. Some were having as much fun as us and laughing like kids but most of them sat in chairs drinking their yucky coffee drinks. The playground is huge and filled with everything a kid could dream of...giant trampolines, a mini roller coaster, ball pits the size of olympic pools, slides, bouncy houses, huge obstacles courses, bumper cars and all the junk food that Mommy always says no to! Who wouldn't have fun in a place like that?! I wondered...if they just took off their shoes and jumped in a ball pit; would they be happier? I think how someone plays does say a lot about them and even more if they've forgotten how. I'm happy that my Mommy and Daddy are some of the few grown-ups that get tangled in the obstacle course with me and know how to throw a mean curve ball in the ball pit.  I'll leave you with a little quote of my own...life is like a roller coaster; it's fast and filled with ups and downs, sometimes even turns you totally upside down, but the ride is over before you know it, so being a part of it is what matters. I hope everyone had as bright a day as me! xoxo- Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment