Sunday, March 17, 2013

Love Locks & Animals Rock

{I love the reflection in my shades}

{couples place locks to represent their love}

{where are the keys?}

{my mommy loves the idea}

{it's fun to read all the names}

{hand painted heart lock}

{my favorite lock was the fishy}

 {beautiful textures}

{the King} 

{looking at the Lion}

{Hey Goat!} 

{my fury friend} 

{cutest goat at the zoo}

{spots} 

 {Mommy's favorite picture}


 {he told a funny joke}

{cheeeeese} 

{ahhhh} 

{he nibbled on my jacket} 

{this was a cool goat} 

{friends} 

{this goat liked posing} 

Adidas Panda Track Suit, Adidas Panda Sneakers

One of the first things we did when we arrived in Munich was buy an annual family pass to the Munich Zoo. We live just a short walk away and it has been really fun being able to pop in and see the animals whenever we want! Another reason we love walking to the zoo is because we cross the Isar Bridge over the pretty Isar river. The bridge is filled with multicolored padlocks that people who are in love, lock on to the fence to show their devotion. They throw the key into the river as a sign of their everlasting love. Mommy says the idea originated from an Italian novel and inspired people in cities all over Europe. Spring is finally here and not only is the sun out but the baby animals are too! My favorite thing to do is play with the baby goats!! Now that I think about it...they are the only animals that people pet at the zoo. I never see anyone with the tigers, elephants or lions! I really love being able to see the beautiful animals but I feel sad they don't get to live in their real homes with their families. I think the tigers need more space to explore. My cat at home is always off exploring and he is just a tiny tiger. Mommy said sometimes the zoo makes a home for an animal who wouldn't be able to live on his own anymore. I asked Mommy where our home was and she started laughing. She said we are travelers right now and we carry our home in our hearts and in our suitcases. I thought that was so funny!! I told her, she was so silly because only my dollhouse could fit into my suitcase!! After we both laughed for a long time, she told me I was a very lucky little girl. Mommy said I have family back in the states who love and miss me and I have been able to make friends all over the world. It made me think about all the cool places I've been able to experience. Mommy says whether we choose to write about it or not, we are all authors and have our very own books about life being written every day. I wondered what my book would look like!!  On our walk home from the zoo we talked about all the things that are in my book. I want to have pictures of the beach, ocean, fishing and my Grandpa's boat in Key West. I want to write about the beautiful aquarium I visit when I see Daddy's parents in Atlanta. We talked about the really fun soccer game we went to in Barcelona and how we enjoyed exploring the small Barcelona streets at sunset. I want to show pictures of our trip to Paris where we saw beautiful art, the Eifell Tower and ate macarons. We remembered all our road trips in Italy and how we spent Thanksgiving in Milan eating fresh pasta. I have a long chapter on my Christmases spent in Germany with magical Christmas markets and fond memories. I want to show pictures of the streets in Copenhagen with everyone riding their bikes. I thought about the time we drove to Austria to see where Mommy and Daddy use to live and how we shared an Austrian dessert they use to eat. I definitely want to add pictures of the mountains we just saw in Switzerland and the beautiful lake in Zurich. I want to write about the Pacific Ocean, hiking and making campfires in Canada this summer. We remembered our shopping in South Beach and the yummy Cuban food we ate in Miami. We talked about the beautiful canals in Amsterdam and how pretty the tulips are in the Netherlands. I guess Mommy is right...I do live an extraordinary life that has written beautiful and unique chapters. But my book would be nothing without its main characters. I love all the people in my life and how they help me write the best, most beautiful, and loving book ever! I hope everyone has a day worth writing about today!
xoxo- Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment